Campus History

South Waco Elementary, originally a three story brick school built in the early 1900's, was located at the corner of 15th and James Street and served 200 to 300 students.

Its present location at 2104 Gurley Lane was dedicated in 1989 and was considered a state-of-the-art school.  Miss Beulah Johnson and staff moved to the new location along with additional staff from across the district.  South Waco Elementary grew from 200 to as many as 750 students, and the staff tripled. Despite all the changes the school has remained the center of the South Waco Community.